Audi driver allegedly threatened man with hammer in Orwell Meadow Car Park in Nacton Road, Ipswich
An Audi driver threatened a man with a hammer after being confronted over an act of indecent exposure at a car park in Ipswich, it is alleged.
Suffolk Constabulary said the alleged incident took place at Orwell Meadow Car Park off Nacton Road at 11.25pm on Friday, October 20.
A male driver of an Audi A4 left his vehicle and acted in a “lewd manner” before being confronted by a member of the public, which resulted in an altercation, a force spokesman said.
The Audi driver is then alleged to have threatened the man with a hammer before leaving the scene in his vehicle.
Investigating officers want to speak to a young couple, believed to be in their 20s, who were in the car park at the time and who may have seen the alleged incident take place.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses are urged to call the Incident Crime Management Hub on 101, quoting crime number 70739/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 8 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home