Audi TT crashes into car after reportedly jumping red light near the University of Essex.
- Credit: Archant
A car has crashed into another vehicle after reportedly jumping a red light in Wivenhoe.
The female driver of an Audi Quattro TT has been reported to Essex Police for driving offences but was not arrested.
Police were alerted to the crash, which happened in St Andrew’s Avenue, at 6.42pm.
The road is blocked at the junction with Colchester Road and is causing delays in both directions.
No one was believed to be injured in the crash, an Essex Police spokesman said.
The spokesman added an off duty paramedic was on the scene and the fire service was also called as there were reports of smoke coming from one of the vehicles.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 6 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 9 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
- 10 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?