Woman dies after collision with car on housing estate
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman has died after being involved in a collision with a car at Colchester’s Greenstead estate this evening.
Police were called to Avon Way in the town shortly after 6pm following reports that the woman had been involved in a collision with a car near to the junction with Hawthorn Road.
Despite the best efforts of paramedics, she died at the scene.
The road remains closed while enquiries into the collision continue.
An Essex Police spokesman said road users should avoid the area, as the closure is expected to last for “some time”.
You may also want to watch:
Those who witnessed the incident, or have dash cam footage, are asked to contact Essex Police on 101 quoting reference 1005 of August 27.
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111, or via the charity’s website.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family