Man arrested after woman in 30s dies in collision on housing estate
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been arrested after a woman in her 30s died following a crash on a Colchester housing estate.
Essex Police were called to reports of a collision involving a silver Audi A3 and a Ford Escort in Avon Way, Colchester at around 6pm on Thursday, August 27.
Paramedics arrived but, despite their efforts, the woman - aged in her 30s - died at the scene.
A 23-year-old man was arrested during the early hours of Friday, August 28 in Sudbury on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and failing to report an accident.
He remains in custody as enquiries continue.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “We would like to thank residents and road users for their patience and understanding while we progressed our investigation.
“Detectives would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident, or the moments before the collision and are particularly keen for those with any footage, whether it’s dash cam, doorbell or CCTV, to get in contact with us.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
“If you have information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Alternatively, information can be given by calling 101 or anonymously through independent charity Crimestoppers.
“Please reference incident 1005 of August 27 when providing any information.”