Nursing team handed awards by Bury St Edmunds care home for the hard work and support
- Credit: Archant
A Bury St Edmunds care home has presented local nursing teams, who support the residents, with an award as a way of thanking them for all their hard work.
Davers Court, on Shakers Lane held the GEM Awards in honour of the Mount Farm and Victoria Community Nurses Team.
The award, which stands for “going the extra mile”, went to the team, which consists of district nurses Sandra Goodfellow and Nicky Faulkner; community nurses Claire Bridgeman, Laura Mills and Kayleigh Hatlan; and general workers Sharon Forder and Amy Beales; who received particular praise for their efforts when it snowed earlier this year.
Resident Anne Thearle, who was a nurse for many years, presented the team with the accolade.
Wendy Harvey, home manager at Davers Court, said: “It was great to be able to present the Mount Farm and Victoria Teams with the GEM Award as they have been such a wonderful support to the care home.
You may also want to watch:
“The nurses really are like an extension to our team. We cannot thank them enough for their dedication and commitment to the residents, it is clear that their assistance has made a real difference to the people living at Davers Court.”
Sandra Goodfellow, team leader, said: “We feel so humbled to have received the GEM Award, all of the nurses enjoy visiting the residents at the care home and giving them the support they need as we deeply care about every individual.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 5 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 8 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
“Receiving the awards was even more special as it was presented by a resident and former nurse, Anne Thearle. We would like to thank Davers Court for the award, and for always being so friendly and welcoming.”