Air ambulance rushes cyclist to hospital after ‘serious collision’ closes road
- Credit: Archant
An air ambulance has rushed a woman to hospital after a serious collision between a van and a bicycle.
Suffolk police were called to reports that a cyclist had been involved in a collision with a Transit Van on the B1077 in Helmingham shortly after 1.10pm today.
A woman, who was on the bike, has been air-lifted to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridgeshire to receive treatment.
She is understood to have serious injuries.
Officers have described the incident as a ‘serious collision’ and have closed the road.
You may also want to watch:
It is though that the B1077 will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Officers have asked for motorists to avoid the area if possible, while the deal with the scene.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 7 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'