Driver climbs free from wreckage after car leaves Suffolk road
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A driver escaped serious injury after the car he was driving left a Suffolk road and rolled onto its side.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the crash, on the B1079 near Otley, at about 11am on Tuesday.
The male driver of a Volkswagen Scirocco had managed to climb free from the wreckage.
He was said to be suffering from shock, but was not thought to have been hurt in the collision.
Three fire engines were sent to the scene in case cutting equipment was needed to help free the driver.
The vehicle was recovered at about 11.45am.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s