Man released by police after crash which killed horse and left teenage rider badly injured
- Credit: Archant
A 52-year-old man has been released under investigation following a crash involving a teenage girl riding a horse.
The man was arrested at the scene on the B1127 in Henstead after allegedly failing a roadside drugs test following the crash.
He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving, driving while unfit through drink and drugs and for driving under the influence of excess drugs.
He has since been released as police continue their enquiries.
The teenage girl, believed to be 15, was flown to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The extent of her injuries is not currently known, although they have been classed as serious.
Sadly her horse was put down at the scene.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship