Baby goat Molly reunited with ‘kid’ sister after going on run in east Suffolk
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A baby goat who had to be rescued by RSPCA volunteers after going on the run in east Suffolk is now home after being reunited with her family and ‘kid’ sister Lucy.
Startled workers at Debach Enterprises in Clopton raised the alarm last Sunday after spotting three month old Molly outside reception urging RSPCA volunteers to come and rescue her.
Thanks to an appeal put out by the charity and this newspaper her owners were able to recognise Molly and have since been reunited with her.
Tom Pilkins and Silki Morrison from Keens Farm in Debach said they were delighted to have Molly back – and thanked members of the public for sharing her appeal.
RSPCA workers Amy Collingsworth and Craig Plumley were called out to help Molly last Sunday.
They were concerned for her welfare but suspected she had run away from home.
Inspector Collingsworth said at the time: “There were lots of fields so it’s possible she is an escaped pet and travelled across the fields ending up lost on the (industrial) estate.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
“She took a little while to catch. She clearly wanted to be friendly but was understandably nervous, so I had to call my colleague Inspector Plumley for some help catching her.
“She’s very sweet and seems to be in good health.”
Molly was cared for in a special boarding yard before being reunited with Tom and Silki on Thursday.