Investigation continues into death of baby boy in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
Police in Essex are continuing their enquiries into the death of a baby boy in Clacton.
Officers were called on Thursday morning, July 18, to reports a baby had fallen ill at an property in Gerard Road in the town.
A police spokesman, speaking yesterday, said: "We were called at around 7.20am today, Thursday, July 18, with reports that a baby had become unwell at an address in Gerard Road, Clacton.
"The boy was taken to hospital but has since sadly died."
This morning, Friday July 19, a spokesman said that officers were continuing their investigation today.
You may also want to watch:
They said: "Enquiries are still on going into the cause of the baby's death. There are no further updates."
The circumstances of the baby boy's death are not yet known.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found