Baby’s Usain Bolt impression merits a tweet from the star himself
- Credit: Archant
A Colchester baby’s unintentional Usain Bolt impression earned his mum a tweet from the sprint superstar himself.
Claire Owen, 35, snapped her son Arian pulling the trademark point, usually pulled by the athlete after a race win, when he was just seven weeks old.
She didn’t think much of it, but while waiting for husband Si, 34, to try on some clothes she spotted someone else had posted on Twitter a photo of their niece doing the pose.
Claire, a freelance journalist from Lexden, said: “I thought I’d send the one of Arian doing the pose and was thrilled when I got a reply from the man himself about ten minutes later.
“I thought it was so nice of him to take the time to reply.”
You may also want to watch:
Bolt described Arian, who is now aged eight months, as “a natural” in his post.
The tweet from the Jamaican athlete, who holds both the 100m and 200m world records, has been retweeted more than 80 times and favourited more than 190 times.
His reply sparked interest from media around the globe, with NBC in America picking up the story as well as The Independent and ITV News in the UK, and prompting a surge of interest in other babies pictured posing like the professional athlete.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 5 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 Body found in the River Orwell
- 9 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
Claire added: “It’s absolutely made our day that a picture we love of our boy has been shared so many times.”