Baby’s Usain Bolt impression merits a tweet from the star himself
- Credit: Archant
A Colchester baby’s unintentional Usain Bolt impression earned his mum a tweet from the sprint superstar himself.
Claire Owen, 35, snapped her son Arian pulling the trademark point, usually pulled by the athlete after a race win, when he was just seven weeks old.
She didn’t think much of it, but while waiting for husband Si, 34, to try on some clothes she spotted someone else had posted on Twitter a photo of their niece doing the pose.
Claire, a freelance journalist from Lexden, said: “I thought I’d send the one of Arian doing the pose and was thrilled when I got a reply from the man himself about ten minutes later.
“I thought it was so nice of him to take the time to reply.”
Bolt described Arian, who is now aged eight months, as “a natural” in his post.
The tweet from the Jamaican athlete, who holds both the 100m and 200m world records, has been retweeted more than 80 times and favourited more than 190 times.
His reply sparked interest from media around the globe, with NBC in America picking up the story as well as The Independent and ITV News in the UK, and prompting a surge of interest in other babies pictured posing like the professional athlete.
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 8 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
Claire added: “It’s absolutely made our day that a picture we love of our boy has been shared so many times.”