Bail extended for club shooting suspect
IPSWICH: Police have extended bail for a 23-year-old man arrested in relation to a shooting in a town centre club last year.
IPSWICH: Police have today extended bail for a 23-year-old man arrested in relation to a shooting in a town centre club last year.
The man from the Brent area of north London, who was 22 at the time of his arrest, was re-bailed to return to Wembley police station on Friday, September 10, on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and violent disorder.
Four other men suspected of involvement in the incident at the Caribbean Club, Woodbridge Road, have had their bail cancelled and no action will be taken against them.
They include two men aged 27 and 28 from Brent who were arrested at the same time as the 23-year-old, who were both due to answer bail yesterday, as well as another two men aged 23 and 25 from Kilburn, who had been told to attend Wembley police station today.
You may also want to watch:
The arrests came after a brawl in the early hours of the morning of Saturday, December 19, 2009, in which five people from Ipswich were injured and taken to Ipswich Hospital.
More than 500 revellers, including a number who had travelled up from London by coach, had been attending an event called “Bashy Friday”.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
Police have appealed for anyone who was at the Caribbean Club that night or in the vicinity between 3am and 5am on Saturday to contact Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.