Two teenagers, including one from Suffolk, arrested after gunshots heard during ‘argument’
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A teenager from Suffolk has been arrested after ‘gunshots’ were reportedly heard during an argument in an Essex town.
The 18-year-old from Haverhill was one of three people to be arrested after police received reports of a disturbance in Bailey Bridge Road, Braintree, on Friday morning, November 13.
Witnesses had reported hearing an argument and what sounded like gunshots shortly after 11.40am.
Officers from Essex Police were quickly on scene, and arrested the Haverhill teenager on suspicion of firearms and drugs offences, alongside a 19-year-old and 45-year-old, both from Braintree.
All three remain in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
An Essex Police spokesman said it is believed to have been a targeted incident and that enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year