Bake a cake for the ‘president’ and win Suffolk Show tickets
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Do you think you’ve got the baking prowess to create a cake that befits a president?
If so, why not put your skills to the test by taking part in the EADT’s exclusive competition?
In association with Suffolk Show (May 27 and 28), we are seeking designs for a cake to be presented to the new show president, EADT editor Terry Hunt, during a ceremony at the event.
It’s time to flex those creative muscles and get your thinking cap on as there are just a couple of weeks to get your entry in.
If you’re successful you will be invited to the kitchens of Suffolk New College where you’ll bake and decorate your cake with chef lecturer Andrew Billing. The winner will receive two adult tickets (children under 15 go free) and a car parking ticket to Suffolk Show on May 27 where they will present the cake to the president.
You may also want to watch:
Entries will be judged by Suffolk Agricultural Association CEO Nicola Bateman, Terry Hunt and Andrew Billing.
<crosshead> Entry criteria
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
1. Entries must be received by March 28. There are two categories - adults and children aged 8-16.
2. The design must be for a 10ins single tier square or round cake. Please draw and colour-in your design as you imagine it.
3. Entrants must be available during the week beginning May 11 to bake and decorate the cake. Time to be negotiated.
4. Entrants should be available to present the cake on May 27, 2015 at Suffolk Show.
5. The judges’ decision is final and there is no cash alternative.
Send your entry with your name, address and daytime contact number to President’s Cake Competition, EADT, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, PO Box 355, IP4 1QL