Indian restaurant Ballingdon Valley in Sudbury wins prestigious nationwide award
- Credit: Archant
Ballingdon Valley in Sudbury wins ‘Best Indian Restaurant in Suffolk’ award.
Local Indian restaurant Ballingdon Valley has seen a number of successes in the 15 years it has been open, and last week added another to its collection.
After being named a finalist, the restaurant, which is known for its flavoursome and authentic dishes, won the award for the ‘Best Indian Restaurant in Suffolk’, in the Euro Asia Curry Awards 2017.
The awards ceremony, which was held in the Coliseum Suite, Ilford on Tuesday, November 21, saw around 25,000 entries from establishments across the whole country.
Topon Alam, who is co-owner of Ballingdon Valley with business partner Abdul Malik, said: “The awards are customer voted, and once finalists, a judging panel came to test the food at the restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as the food, the awards also take into consideration location, Tripadvisor comments and our hygiene rating.
“We are absolutely delighted to have won the award for ‘Best Indian Restaurant in Suffolk’ - I am proud to be a co-owner of the restaurant.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
“We would like to thank all of our customers over the past 15 years – the credit goes to them.”
Balligndon Valley comes highly recommended by critics nationwide, with the restaurant also earning a well deserved reputation in the Good Food Guide, and the restaurant’s chef, Habibur Rahman proudly receive the prestigious ‘Best Chef of the Year’ award in October 2014.
To browse the menu, visit the Ballingdon Valley website.