Will your rubbish bin collection date be affected by the Easter bank holidays?
- Credit: ARCHANT
Residents in west Suffolk are being reminded of revised bin collection days ahead of the Easter and May bank holidays.
West Suffolk Council said every household has been notified by leaflet or bin sticker of collection changes due to Good Friday.
A council spokesman said: “Residents whose bin is usually emptied on a Monday need to put it out two days early – by 6am on Saturday, April 13. “Everyone else is just one day earlier, so Tuesday collections will be made on Monday, April 15, Wednesday collections on Tuesday, April 16, Thursday collections on Wednesday, April 17 and finally Friday collections on Thursday, April 18.”
The following week all collections will be one day late.
Usual collection days will be resumed week commencing Monday, April 29, but be one day late again the following week with May bank holiday falling on Monday, May 7, and then again with Whit Monday on May 27.
You may also want to watch:
The council spokesman added: “We know how vexing it is to miss a collection. Our crews know their rounds well and will be as helpful as possible.
“We are putting out reminders in the run up to each change, and encourage our customers to note the change of date and maybe mention it to neighbours who could have forgotten.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles