Suffolk and Essex set for another bank holiday scorcher
- Credit: Archant
Weather forecasters have predicted another hot and sunny day for the region with temperatures pushing into the mid twenties.
Sun cream will be the order of the day for many, with the bank holiday weekend ending on a high.
Forecaster Chris Bell from Norwich-based WeatherQuest said: “It is going to be another dry and sunny day today.
“Similar to yesterday in terms of temperatures, we could see highs of 24C in some areas, while most areas will remain in the low-mid 20s.”
Those heading to the seaside can expect slightly lower temperatures due to easterly winds, although Mr Bell added that there will hardly be a cloud in sight, with no rain forecast for the next two days.
The hot bank holiday Monday comes following days of high temperatures, with Suffolk enjoying the hottest day of the year on Good Friday before basking in glorious sunshine on Saturday and Easter Monday.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143