Sudbury barbershop offers free haircuts to those who cannot afford the 'luxury'
- Credit: Sanctuary Supported Living
Young people living in supported housing service in Sudbury have been treated to fresh new haircuts courtesy of staff from newly opened barbershop Blade and Fade.
Five young residents, all from Sanctuary Supported Living's Sudbury Young People Supported Housing enjoyed the free post-lockdown haircuts.
Blade and Fade’s manager, Elliot Firrell, said: “We offered to provide some of the young people with much-needed haircuts, as we wanted to be able to give something back to people in our local community.
"The team was really pleased to see how happy the residents were with their new haircuts and what a positive difference it made to their mood and wellbeing.”
Many of the young people living in the supported housing service are very vulnerable and homeless or at risk of homelessness, so getting a haircut can often be an unaffordable expense.
You may also want to watch:
Kate Molope, Local Service Manager at Sudbury Young People Supported Housing said: “It was amazing to have this kind offer from a local business and the visit provided a much-needed boost to our residents. To those on a low income, a haircut is often a luxury, so the residents are really grateful. The generosity of the staff at Blade & Fade is much appreciated – especially as they’ve since offered to make it an ongoing event.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club