Cat put down after being shot in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A cat has reportedly been shot near Bury St Edmunds.
Bury St Edmunds police tweeted to say that they had been called by an owner in Bardwell after finding their cat critically injured.
A police spokesman said: 'Police received a report that a cat had been shot at some point before March 6.
'The cat was taken to the vets but the cat was put to sleep due to the injuries it had sustained.
'Any witnesses should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/14999/20.'
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet known where exactly the incident took place or what time on March 6 it happened.
There are no details regarding the sex or breed of the cat at this time and officers cannot confirm what type of weapon was used to shoot the cat.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Over 4,000 people test positive for Covid with cases continuing to rise
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'