Bardwell: Farm equipment on fire in field
FIRE crews were called out after an agricultural forklift truck was ablaze in a field of cut wheat and straw.
The incident happened at just before 11am to the rear of The Six Bells public house in Daveys Lane, Bardwell near Ixworth.
An appliance from Bury St Edmunds and one from Elmswell arrived at the scene after the call was made by a farmer.
On arrival the crews used two hosereels and two firefighters wore breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.
The vehicle was in close proximity to overhead electricity wires and the electricity suppliers were requested, to check the wiring.
You may also want to watch:
The crew from Bury St Edmunds remained in attendance until the electricity representatives arrived.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 10 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise