Bariatric patient freed by fire crew after becoming stuck between bed and wardrobe
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to an address in a west Suffolk village to help free a man who was trapped between a bed and wardrobe.
A fire crew from Haverhill attended an address in the nearby village Withersfield on the morning of New Year’s Day.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman confirmed that a call for help had been received shortly after 6am.
The fire crew arrived at the property in Thurlow Road shortly afterwards.
In a room of the property, a man had become stuck between a bed and a wardrobe.
You may also want to watch:
The man was said to be a bariatric patient – someone who receives treatment for obesity.
Firefighters were able to free the man without the need of specialist equipment.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 7 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
The man was released and firefighters returned to their station for 7.30am.
According to the spokesman, the patient did not require any further medical assistance.