Barn heavily damaged after straw fire
- Credit: Archant
A large barn is said to have been heavily damaged in a blaze, firefighters have said.
Five fire crews from Ipswich East, Woodbridge, Princes Street, Needham Market and Stowmarket were called to the scene in Mill Lane, Baylham at 6.25pm on Friday, June 14.
They were faced with a barn fire said to be filled heavily with smoke, as a large amount of straw and stubble were ablaze.
After battling the fire for more than 40 minutes, the fire had been extinguished, although crews remain on scene to dampen down.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called to the scene of a 20x20m barn fire in Mill Lane, Baylham.
You may also want to watch:
"The fire has been extinguished but there is a heavy amount of smoke in the barn.
"There has been a lot of damage."
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
They added the cause of the fire is not known, with an investigation into the cause set to begin tomorrow morning.
There were no reported injuries.