Barn fire in Lowestoft
Firefighters have extinguished a barn blaze in Lowestoft.
Three large bails of straw were found on fire at the incident in Queens Highway reported to the fire brigade at 3.10pm.
Two fire engines were called to the scene.
A fire brigade spokesman said: “On arrival crews found one barn approximately 40m x 30m with two seats of fire and heavily smoke logged.
“Three large bales have been found smouldering inside the barn and efforts are being made to break up the bales. Six sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reels and one jet are being used to fight the fire.
You may also want to watch:
An update from the service said they had extinguished the flames shortly before 5pm.
Police said they have not been made aware of the incident.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam