Barn fire in Lowestoft
Firefighters have extinguished a barn blaze in Lowestoft.
Three large bails of straw were found on fire at the incident in Queens Highway reported to the fire brigade at 3.10pm.
Two fire engines were called to the scene.
A fire brigade spokesman said: “On arrival crews found one barn approximately 40m x 30m with two seats of fire and heavily smoke logged.
“Three large bales have been found smouldering inside the barn and efforts are being made to break up the bales. Six sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reels and one jet are being used to fight the fire.
An update from the service said they had extinguished the flames shortly before 5pm.
Police said they have not been made aware of the incident.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking