Barningham: Man who died in fatal single-car crash named as Stephen Sharpe, 59, from Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A man who died in a single-vehicle collision in the village of Barningham has been named by police.
Police were called to the scene of the collision along the B1111, Hopton Road in Barningham, at approximately 2pm on Monday, March 24.
A silver MG car had left the road and collided with a garden wall.
The driver of the car, Stephen Sharpe, aged 59 years of Bury St Edmunds, was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds where he was pronounced dead.
Police would like to hear from anyone who had seen the car travelling along the B1111 either prior to or when the collision happened.
You may also want to watch:
Calls should be made to Sgt Ben Hollands at Bury St Edmunds Roads Policing and Firearms Operations Unit on 101.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 3 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000