Barns ravaged by fire on Suffolk farm
FIREFIGHTERS are currently at the scene of a blaze which broke out in a barn on a Suffolk farm.
FIREFIGHTERS today tackled blaze which destroyed two barns on a Suffolk farm.
The fire started at Rooke Yard Farm off Base Green Road, in Wetherden, Stowmarket.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene at 3.41pm and mobilised crews from Elmswell, Stowmarket, Needham Market and Bury St Edmunds.
Firefighters used three hose reels and one jet to tackle the fire which engulfed two barns full of straw, measuring 20 metres by 40 metres.
You may also want to watch:
Crews also used a light portable pump to siphon water from a nearby pond.
By 6pm the worst of the flames had been brought under control and two crews were able to step down. Remaining firefighters cooled down a diesel tank which was inside the barn but were initially unable to reach the roofs of the barns because they contained asbestos.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
A single crew has been put in place over night to ensure the fire had been fully extinguished.