Barrel rolling race marks Burns Night in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A barrel rolling race was held at a Braintree restaurant to celebrate Burns Night.
Crowds gathered at Tutti Grille in Braintree Freeport to watch entrants roll their barrel along in a bid to win a year’s supply of pizza from the food outlet.
Liam Lambert, 22, from Witham, won the event with a time of just 22 seconds.
The event also raised funds for the Essex Air Ambulance.
Lorna Evans, restaurant manager, said: “It was a great way to celebrate Burns Night and much more engaging than simply having a wee dram of whisky.
You may also want to watch:
“The event proved very popular with families and our youngest competitor was just four years old.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 9 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 10 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation