A11 blocked after car crashes into ditch
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A busy road is partially blocked after a car crashed into a ditch this morning.
Officers were initially called to reports of a single vehicle crash on the A11 Southbound at Barton Mills shortly after 5am today (November 8).
They arrived to find that a Skoda, which was the only vehicle involved in the incident, had crashed off the road into a ditch near between Red Lodge and Mildenhall.
The road is still partially blocked while officers wait for the vehicle to be recovered. The driver suffered minor injuries in the crash and no one else is believed to be involved.
Three fire crews are also at the scene of the crash to assist with recovery, two coming from Mildenhall and one from Newmarket.
You may also want to watch:
There are now reports of building traffic on the road this morning and drivers are advised to allow extra time for their journeys in case of delays.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies