Barton Mills: Police name man, 40, killed in A1101 crash
POLICE have named a man who died in a road traffic collision in Suffolk earlier this week.
Alan Stokes, 40, from Mildenhall, was trapped in his silver Skoda after it collided with a tree next to the A1101 on Tuesday.
Mr Stokes was driving along the road in Barton Mills, east of the Fiveways roundabout at 10.55am when the incident took place.
He was freed by firefighters and taken to Addenbrookes Hospital where he died a short time later.
Police want to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision, or may have seen the car beforehand. They especially want to hear from a dog walker who was spoken to shortly after the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Pc Roy Dade at Suffolk Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich