Barton Mills: Two burglaries in village last week at Bell Lane and The Street properties
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
Police are appealing for witnesses after two burglaries in Barton Mills.
The first incident occurred between 7.30pm and 9.20pm Friday, January 24 at a house in Bell Lane.
The offender gained entry to the property by forcing the rear French doors but it is believed that when the victim returned home they disturbed them, as no items were stolen and it would appear the suspect escaped over a fence into the neighbouring garden.
The second offence took place at some time between 5.30pm Wednesday, January 22 and 1pm Saturday, January 25 at an address in The Street.
Entry was gained via an insecure window and items of gold jewellery were stolen from inside.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about either of these burglaries is asked to contact the Bury St Edmunds Priority Crime Team on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn