Stansted Airport hotel incident not being treated as terror-related
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been arrested after a car crashed into a hotel near Stansted Airport before a person went inside and caused damage.
The vehicle crashed into a bollard in Bassingbourn Road shortly after 11pm on Thursday, November 19.
A man is then alleged to have left the car and entered the Hampton Hotel, before causing damage inside.
Officers from Essex Police quickly arrived at the scene and arrested a 39-year-old man on suspicion of causing criminal damage.
No-one suffered any injuries as a result of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police confirmed the force is not treating the events as terror-related.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future