Batchelor: Furious row develops
A FURIOUS row has erupted between Swindon and Peterborough over Troy Batchelor.The Swindon asset, who was with Ipswich at the end of 2009, said he no longer wished to race for the Robins in 2010 and Peterborough announced he will be their man next season.
A FURIOUS row has erupted between Swindon and Peterborough over Troy Batchelor.
The Swindon asset, who was with Ipswich at the end of 2009, said he no longer wished to race for the Robins in 2010 and Peterborough announced he will be their man next season.
However Swindon have issued the following statement:
“Troy was very much part of our team building plans for 2010 until he ruled himself out of the equation.
You may also want to watch:
“Having decided against a return to Swindon he has been made available for transfer and only those clubs meeting our valuation will be given permission to speak to the rider.
“No fee has been agreed with the Peterborough promotion and consequently permission to approach the rider has not been given.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Vandals set light to seafront toilets
“Until such time as this criteria has been met Troy Batchelor remains a Swindon asset and will not ride for another club.
“We are, therefore, very surprised to learn that the Peterborough promotion have announced him in their team for 2010.”