Beach huts targeted by vandals in Walton and Frinton
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds worth of damage has been caused in a seaside Essex town after ten beach huts were damaged or broken into.
Nine huts in Southcliff Promenade and Southcliff Parade, Walton, were targeted between September 10 and 12 and one in The Leas, Frinton, was damaged between September 10 and 13.
Burglars caused damage costing about £200 at a hut in Southcliff Promenade after forcing entry, smashing a window and setting alight some kitchen towel, which left scorch marks. Nothing was stolen.
Wooden slates were removed from another in Southcliff Promenade and attempts made to set fire to the inside.
A window was smashed inside a hut in Southcliff Parade and another was entered and a messy search carried out inside.
You may also want to watch:
Five others in Southcliff Parade and Southcliff Promenade were damaged.
The door of a hut in The Leas, Frinton, was kicked, causing damage costing about £250.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 10 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
Anyone with information is asked to call police at Clacton on 101.