Beccles: Bus fire is put out by crews
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS have extinguished a blaze on a bus.
Crews were called to the bus - which had passengers on board - in Ellough Road, Beccles, at 4.02pm.
One crew from Beccles and one from Lowestoft South attended the fire, which involved 50% of the bus.
Two breathing apparatus and one hose reel were used to extinguish it and all crews were back at base by 6.08pm.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said the fire service contacted the force for assistance with traffic control as traffic was building up.
She said all the passengers were off the bus, adding no-one was injured.
The ambulance service confirmed they did not attend.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins to for Town
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 6 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
The road re-opened at 5.56pm.