Beccles: Chimney wrecked by fire

A chimney was destroyed by fire at a home in Beccles this evening.

A team of firefighters from the town were called to the property, in Ellough Road, at about 8.20pm.

The chimney was well alight when they arrived and the crew used a short ladder to tackle the flames.

Using one hose, they were able to bring the blaze under control by 9pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus