Man, 66, sentenced to four years in prison for sexually assaulting two schoolgirls
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A 66-year-old Beccles man who sexually assaulted two schoolgirls has been jailed for four years.
Sentencing Jonathan Robinson, Judge David Goodin said: “You were plainly in the grip of something you couldn’t control.”
Robinson, of Darby Road, admitted one offence of indecent assault and two offences of sexually assaulting a child under 13.
In addition to jailing Robinson, Judge Goodin made him the subject of a sexual harm prevention order and ordered him to sign the sex offenders’ register. Both orders will run indefinitely.
Lindsay Cox, prosecuting, told Ipswich Crown Court that the offences came to light after one of the victims told her mother that she had a secret and then told her that Robinson had “tickled her privates”.
When Robinson was questioned about what the girl said he accepted he had “crossed the line” but accused the girl of being a flirt.
Mr Cox said that Robinson had touched the other victim’s breasts.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 7 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 8 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 9 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 10 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
Andrew Thompson, for Robinson, said his client had no previous convictions and the offences were out of character.