Man, 66, sentenced to four years in prison for sexually assaulting two schoolgirls
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A 66-year-old Beccles man who sexually assaulted two schoolgirls has been jailed for four years.
Sentencing Jonathan Robinson, Judge David Goodin said: “You were plainly in the grip of something you couldn’t control.”
Robinson, of Darby Road, admitted one offence of indecent assault and two offences of sexually assaulting a child under 13.
In addition to jailing Robinson, Judge Goodin made him the subject of a sexual harm prevention order and ordered him to sign the sex offenders’ register. Both orders will run indefinitely.
Lindsay Cox, prosecuting, told Ipswich Crown Court that the offences came to light after one of the victims told her mother that she had a secret and then told her that Robinson had “tickled her privates”.
You may also want to watch:
When Robinson was questioned about what the girl said he accepted he had “crossed the line” but accused the girl of being a flirt.
Mr Cox said that Robinson had touched the other victim’s breasts.
- 1 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 2 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 5 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 10 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
Andrew Thompson, for Robinson, said his client had no previous convictions and the offences were out of character.