Beccles: Potatoes spill onto road after three-vehicle crash on A146
- Credit: Archant
Rescue services completed the clear-up of a three-vehicle crash involving a potato lorry yesterday evening.
The A146 at Beccles was closed for eight hours following the incident, which happened shortly before 1.25pm close to the Morrison’s roundabout, involved a potato truck, a tractor and a third vehicle.
No-one was believed to have been seriously injured in the collision, though fire crews from Halesworth and Lowestoft did release one of the drivers who was trapped.
They were later taken to hospital for treatment.
Suffolk police said potatoes were strewn across the road as a result of the incident, after the truck carrying them went in to a ditch.
You may also want to watch:
Specialist recovery equipment had to be brought in to remove the truck.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season