Beccles schoolgirl creates unique Christmas gifts
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk schoolgirl has put her skills to good use by selling Christmas decorations she has made using her dad’s welder.
Izzy Armstrong, 12, from Hulver, made her debut at the Beccles Farmer’s Market recently after making some festive trimmings from horseshoes.
The Sir John Leman High School pupil traded under the name Izzy Busy Designs and said the day had gone well.
She added: “I enjoy welding. It’s what my dad does and it’s good to be taught how to.
Her proud dad James is a welder and fabricator by trade and taught his daughter some of the tricks of the trade and helped her to create the Christmas decorations.
You may also want to watch:
He said Izzy had made one of the decorations for her mum Clare last year and wanted to have a go at selling them to the public.
He added: “She’s always been creative at school and wanted to make these.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 8 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 9 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 10 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
“They’re quite popular in the USA.”