Beccles: Sex attack allegation withdrawn

POLICE have cancelled an appeal into a sex attack in Beccles after the “victim” withdrew her allegation.

The 20-year-old woman reported that she had been attacked in the Ellough Road area of the town at about 12.30am on Friday.

She said she had been approached by a man who pushed up up against a garden wall and then sexually assaulted her, before she was able to break free and run away.

But a spokeswoman for Suffolk police said today the appeal was cancelled after the allegation was withdrawn.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus