Man suffers serious knife wound after assault outside Londis
- Credit: Archant
A man has suffered a serious wound to his hand following an alleged assault outside Londis in Beck Row.
Officers were called at 6.45pm yesterday, August 6, to reports of an assault outside the Londis Village Store in Holmsey Green, Beck Row which resulted in a man suffering a serious injury.
A 33-year-old man sustained a serious knife wound to his hand and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by ambulance for treatment.
The man remains in hospital in a stable condition.
A 30-year-old man was also punched during the incident, suffering minor injuries, while a shop window was also damaged.
You may also want to watch:
Police arrested a 28-year-old man in Beck Row later that evening on suspicion of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
The man was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 8 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
Officers have now increased patrols in the area to reassure residents.
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with any information about this incident, has any dash cam footage or CCTV from the area or who saw anything suspicious at the time is asked to contact West CID, quoting crime reference 37/45092/20, by calling 101 or visiting this website.