Beck Row: Dispute over farm’s car rental business
- Credit: Archant
A businessman has defended himself after a parish council was inundated with complaints.
Residents have raised concerns with Beck Row Parish Council that NSA Car Rentals is operating at Moss Edge Farm, in The Grove, without planning permission.
Landowner Nigel Warin has admitted that he does not yet have consent but said he was hopeful of a resolution, with officials at Forest Heath District Council in the middle of processing his application.
Mr Warin said: “What I’m not prepared to do is shut the business down while I wait. I’ve got competitors working and we need to be in business.”
Telegraph poles have recently gone up in the field at Moss Edge Farm, with Mr Wairn saying one set was installed by BT to provide a phoneline to the new NSA site office.
You may also want to watch:
Another set of poles has since been cut in half and will be used as a horse shelter in the winter.
Moss Edge Farm is positioned to serve nearby RAF Mildenhall, where 75% of NSA’s custom comes from.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
Parish councillor Kay Sallis said: “Generally, people feel in the parish that if you need planning permission, you put in for planning permission.
“People do not like it when other people do not bother putting in for planning – there should be one law for everyone.”