Beck Row: Names released of men killed in travellers’ site shooting
TWO men who died following a shooting at a travellers’ site in Suffolk have been named by police.
David Castell, 29, who had been living in Southend, and Shane Hill, 20, of Stromness Road, Southend, died last Tuesday at Willow Park in Beck Row.
Today, police released their names following formal identification procedures.
Police were contacted shortly before 10:30pm last Tuesday following the sound of gun shots near Willow Park.
Officers arrived and discovered the bodies of two men, one of whom was inside a car which had been set on fire.
You may also want to watch:
The man in the car was Mr Castell, of no fixed address, while the second man was Mr Hill.
Provisional post-mortem examination results showed that they both died from gunshot wounds.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 6 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
Specialist teams are continuing with their search of the travellers’ site and its surrounding area.
They have recovered a number of firearms but are, as yet, uncertain whether they are connected to the murders.
Armed police continue to patrol the area with Safer Neighbourhood officers conducting high-visibility patrols to provide public reassurance.