Bedfield/Barbados: Pair charged over Barbados shooting
- Credit: Clifford Hicks
BARBADOS police have charged two men in connection with the shooting of Suffolk holidaymakers Philip and Ann Prior.
The couple, from Bedfield, near Framlingham, were shot during a street robbery on the Caribbean island last Sunday, March 17.
Cruise passengers Mr Prior, 72, and his 59-year-old wife were treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital but have since been released.
Mr Prior was hit on his left side and his wife, whose handbag was stolen, was shot in her right thigh as they visited the capital, Bridgetown.
Inspector David Welch, of Royal Barbados Police, said: “Two persons have been charged.
You may also want to watch:
“One person was charged with serious bodily harm to two visitors.
“He has, in addition, been charged with another man, with the offence of robbery.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
The attack came towards the end of their three-month P&O cruise around the Caribbean and South America on board the Adonia, which left Southampton on January 8.