Bedingfield: Firefighters tackle barn blaze overnight
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze which engulfed a barn in a Suffolk village overnight.
Six fire engines spent around two hours in bringing the blaze under control in Hall Road, Bedingfield, after being called out at just before 2.50am.
Butane gas cylinders were involved in the fire, but were secured and “posed no further danger”, a Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said.
An asbestos roof involved in fire was deemed to pose minimal hazard to crews and the environment, and no specialist resources were required, he added.
The flames were doused by just before 5am.