Bedside visits over Christmas to woman hurt in freak accident at the West Suffolk Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Christmas for the family of a 78-year-old woman, from Mildenhall, who was seriously hurt in a freak accident at the West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmumds, is set to centre round bedside visits to her.
Alma Cole, who lives in Emmanuel Close, was involved in a car accident and suffered potentially life-threatening injuries and is currently being treated at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
Her injuries included broken hips, broken bones in her leg, a collapsed lung, a fractured spine, trauma to the head and she is currently in an induced coma, said her daughter Lindy Cole, who lives in Mildenhall and runs a cleaning business.
Yesterday she said there is “no change” in her mother’s circumstances
She makes the daily visits with her 21-year-old daughter Jodie Pooley, who is the manageress of Greggs on the westbound carriageway of the A11 at Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at 10.30am, on Friday, November 24, and police were alerted to the accident by the ambulance service.
Any witnesses to the crash are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 128.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases