Bees fury at play-off ruling
COVENTRY Bees have expressed their disappointment at the recent change to the play-off regulations for this season.In a statement on their website the Bees management said:Last month we were punished by the application of a ruling which had been discussed but not voted on, and therefore did not exist.
COVENTRY Bees have expressed their disappointment at the recent change to the play-off regulations for this season.
In a statement on their website the Bees management said:
Last month we were punished by the application of a ruling which had been discussed but not voted on, and therefore did not exist. This meant we were punished for doing nothing wrong.
However, the play-offs being for the top six teams was an issue which was voted on at the AGM last winter, and yet now the decision has been taken to change it and go with the top four only.
You may also want to watch:
Whether or not we agreed with the rule at the time, it should have remained in place having been voted upon, and then been reviewed again this winter.
We know why the rule was changed - it was to stop a certain club from getting into the play-offs, and we do not agree with this. It means they have been found guilty before an investigation has taken place and been completed.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 6 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
If an accusation is made, it should be properly investigated with a verdict then reached based upon the facts. How can you punish someone before they are found guilty, and with a move which will affect other clubs too?
We are unhappy with the current decision-making process in the sport, as we believe in the rules being voted upon, set and applied for the full season.
At present it just appears that they are being made up as we go along - and that does huge damage to the sport's credibility.”