Belchamp Walter: Chimney blaze battled

FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a blaze which spread from a chimney to the roof of a home.

Five crews were called to a home in Gesting Thorpe Road, Belchamp Walter at 10.20pm yesterday to the incident which began in the chimney.

A spokeswoman for the fire service said it had spread to the roof void.

Using two hose reel jets, the blaze was brought under control by 11.20pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus