Benhall: Garage collapses after fire
- Credit: Archant
A garage collapsed after flames ripped through the structure despite firefighters’ best efforts.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service received reports of a fire in the open at Silverlace Green in Benhall at 4.45pm.
Four crews were sent to the scene and found a single-storey garage was well alight.
Firefighters used two hosereels to bring the flames under control and cooled a butane cylinder which was involved in the fire.
At 6pm, crews reported that both gable ends of the garage had collapsed and that firefighters were using jets to damp down the area.
You may also want to watch:
The fire also involved a large tank full of heating oil and the Environment Agency was informed incase of any environmental damage.
The fire was extinguished at 7.55pm.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash