Bentley: Firefighters battle house blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a house blaze in a Suffolk village for more than an hour this evening.
At least four fire engines were called to the scene in Hazel Shrub, Bentley, following reports of the blaze at 7pm.
A fire brigade spokesman said a bedroom fire was extinguished shortly after 7.50pm, while the property was “heavily smoked” on both the ground and first floors of the detached building.
The fire was put out shortly after 8pm. Work to ventilate the property remains ongoing.
An ambulance spokesman said paramedics have not been called to any house fires in the area this evening.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said the force has not been made aware of the incident.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 8 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years