Jogger in life-threatening condition after being hit by car
- Credit: Archant
A man has been rushed to hospital with serious injuries after being involved in a collision while out jogging in Colchester.
Essex Police were called at 6.35am on Tuesday, August 18 to reports of a crash between a black Audi S3 and a man in Berechurch Road.
The man was out jogging when he was hit and was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
A man in his 20s has been arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of drugs and causing serious injury by dangerous driving. He remains in custody.
The road has remained closed throughout the morning as police conduct their enquiries. People were asked to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash cam footage is asked to call Essex Police, quoting incident 152 of 18/02.
- 1 'Enhanced' Covid measures in place at these six Suffolk schools
- 2 Perfect storm at Port of Felixstowe leads to haulier concerns for Christmas
- 3 Colchester Met Police officer cleared over moped rider's death
- 4 'Together we can make Portman Road a fortress' - Ashton's call to fans
- 5 Suffolk student dreams up tube map of Ipswich
- 6 Woman, 85, has 'appalling' three hour wait for ambulance
- 7 'Lives lost and families destroyed' - call for action over bridge deaths
- 8 Find out how you can get from Ipswich to London by train for just £5
- 9 Eight in seven... How Bonne's form compares to previous red-hot goal streaks
- 10 Garden sphinxes valued at £300 sold for £195,000 at Suffolk auction