Inquest opens into death of Suffolk mum, 37
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has opened into the death of a 37-year-old woman from Needham Market.
Bethany Lightbody died at Ipswich Hospital on May 2, Suffolk Coroner's Court heard on Friday.
The previous day, on May 1, Ms Lightbody's mother received a call to suggest the 37-year-old had not arrived to collect her daughter, the inquest heard.
Ms Lightbody's mother went to her daughter's home at around 3.30pm and discovered she was seriously ill.
Paramedics were called, and the 37-year-old was taken to Ipswich Hospital in an ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
On arrival, medics said she had cerebral infarction - which can result from a blockage or narrowing in the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the brain.
She died the following day, on Thursday, May 2.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 8 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
Senior Suffolk coroner Nigel Parsley opened and adjourned the inquest, scheduling a full hearing for January 15, 2020.